Since September 2013, all schools have been given additional funding from the Government which has to be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport in schools.
There are five key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement in:
- the engagement of pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sports is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Here at Meadowcroft Infant School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We also believe that an outstanding PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of the children.