Corona Virus Update
Please check back regularly for updates.
Following the government announcement on 18 March, Meadowcroft School will close at the end of the day on Friday 20 March 2020, except to those children whose parents fall within the Key Worker category (NHS, police, social care worker, supermarket delivery driver).
Latest NHS guidance is:
Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to stay at home for 7 days
- if you live with someone who has symptoms, you'll need to stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person in the home started having symptoms
- If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days.
- If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.
Please contact the school office if your child will not be attending school -
call: 01932 561419 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the virus and its symptoms you should use the NHS 111 online service where possible, before calling 111.
You can contact the Department for Education's Corona Virus Helpline on 0800 046 8687 or email DfE.email@example.com if you have any questions about the government's response to the corona virus in relation to schools.
If you have an upcoming trip or holiday and want to know whether to go ahead please consult the government's travel advice service.
Hand washing guidance: